Re: Starter comments on WCAG 2.0 draft

Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) wrote:

>If an authoring tool generates xhtml and it's no valid, when served as application/xhtml+xml some browsers end the page execution: this means no accessibility for all.

Which is why validity doesn't need to be in the WCAG spec to satisfy
XHTML. In XHTML, being valid (or at least well-formed) is an
architectural constraint: you can't fail to do it and still be usable in
any form. It's as useless to require it in WCAG as it is to require in a
building accessibility document that front doors aren't built 20 feet
off the ground.

That said, it's well in scope for ATAG 2, since it's the only way we
know that the final output will be rendered no matter how the server is
configured.

-