Re: Minutes from AUWG Teleconference on Monday February 14, 2005

I thought we were referring to Sections 7.2 through 7.14 of ISO/TS 16071,
not just to Section 7.2.
That was my intention, to point to 7.2 through 7.14.  In my copy of ISO/TS
16071:2002(E):

  Section 7.2 is titled "General Guidelines", and has no entries labelled
"primary: application" in my copy.

Section 7.3 is titled "Assistive Technologies, and Section 7.4 is titled
"Keyboard-input configuration" (both
have no "primary: application" entries in my copy.

Section 7.5 is titled "Software control of pointing devices", and
subsections 7.5.3 through 7.5.8 have
designation of "primary: application" in my copy.

Section 7.6 is titled "Display Fonts" and subsection 7.6.2 has designation
of "primary: application" in my copy.

Section 7.7 is titled "Displays" and subsection 7.7.4 has designation of
"primary: application" in my copy.

  Section 7.8 is titled "Color" and subsections 7.8.2, 7.8.4, and 7.8.5 has
designations of "primary: application" in my copy.

Section 7.9 is titled "Audio output", and Section 7.10 is titled "Errors
and user notification"; neither of these
have any designations of "primary: application" in my copy.

Section 7.11 is titled "on-line documentation and help", and subsections
7.11.1, 7.11.2, and 7.11.3 are all
designated "primary: application" in my copy.

Section 7.12 is titled "Customization of user preferences", and subsections
7.12.1 and 7.12.2 have designations
of "primary: application" in my copy.

  Section 7.13 is titled "Window appearance and behavior", and subsections
7.13.3 and 7.13.4 are designated "primary: application" in my copy.

  Section 7.14 is titled "Keyboard input focus"
and has no "primary: application" designations in my copy.

  Section 7 ("Guidelines") contains 7.1 through 7.14
mentioned previously.   I had assumed we were referencing 7.2 through 7.14
(7.1 contains some introductory prose and is
titled "support for accessibility") in my copy.  I have been building the
test suite based upon referencing 7.2 through 7.14.
I apologize in advance if I may have misunderstood the group's
intentions.  Am I incorrect in my assumption?

Given the previous, if we reference ISO 16071, do we want to reference 7.2
through 7.14, and not just 7.2?  If so, as mentioned
previously, in my copy there are some "primary: application"
designations..  Or do we want to just reference the entire ISO16071
document (including all sections)?

Please advise..thanks!

Best wishes
Tim Boland  NIST