Re: validity in HTML

I support the principle of validity in the context mentioned in Point 7 of
"Test Case Principles"
of "Accessibility Testing Technical Documentation" [1].   However, I think
that the proposal referred to may represent a "point of departure" from the
way we have been normatively referring to WCAG for a definition of
accessible Web content, and I would like us to consider any ramifications
of such a departure in a larger context if necessary.   I would also like
to see rationale and success criteria related to this proposal.

Thanks and best wishes,
Tim Boland NIST

P.S. "Validity" as it has been used in recent discussions may not "make
sense" for all classifications
of content output by authoring tools.

[1]:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2003AprJun/att-0028/wai-test1.htm