Re: Translation rights question

Hello Jens,

Authorized Translations are published on W3C site and can be used for
official purposes. The Leading Translation Organization (LTO) transfers
the copyright of the translation to W3C.

Volunteer (unofficial) Translations are normally published on the
translators' own sites. The translator owns the translation and agrees
that: 1) the translation may be redistributed according to the W3C
Document license, and 2) W3C may rescind the right to publish or
distribute the derivative work if the W3C finds that it leads to
confusion regarding the original document's status or integrity.

You may find more details at:
https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620#translate
https://www.w3.org/2005/02/TranslationPolicy

Please feel free to reach out for any questions or more information.

Warm Regards,
Xueyuan