Updated article: Character encodings for beginners

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 13:12:38 +0100
To: Gunnar Bittersmann <gunnar@bittersmann.de>, claudiu.apetrei@gmail.com, Sasha Shlapak <sanyokartlife@gmail.com>, Olle Olsson <olleo@sics.se>, alancarv@uol.com.br, magda.kadubiec@gmail.com, Metaphraser <contact@metaphraser.com>, 'w3c-translators' <w3c-translators@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-what-is-encoding

This article was updated to emphasize that UTF-8 should be the default
character encoding on the Web. In addition, editorial changes were made
to improve the readability of the article and bring it in line with more
recent templates.

Please could you contact me to obtain the source text, so that you can
update your translation appropriately, or let me know if you are unable to.

thank you,
ri