Re: volunteer as a translator

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 04:45:39 -0500 (CDT)
To: "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: "Tamara Barros" <tamara.barros@uol.com.br>, "w3c-translators" <w3c-translators@w3.org>

Tamara,

there are others working in Portugal on translations, and in Brazil. I
believe at least Jorge Fernandes reads this list still.

In doing spanish translations Sidar has developed a group of people, so
that different people can volunteer for different chapters as a way of
getting a whole translation done. It also means that we discuss how to
translate particularly tricky parts, which slows us down but means we will
get consistent translation across a number of specifications.

I think this is a model worth repeating, if possible.

best regards

Charles

--
Charles McCathieNevile           charles@sidar.org