"partial translated" TRs

As I informed you by my email last year:

 > From: Y Komachi <komachi@y-adagio.com>
 > To: <w3c-translators@w3.org>; <duerst@w3.org>
 > Cc: Y Komachi <komachi@y-adagio.com>
 > Subject: Translation plan for JIS/TRs
 > Date: 2001-05-16, 15:16
 >
 > METI (Ministry of Economical Trade and Industry, Japan) appreciates
 > the large prevalence (or expected prevalence) of your RECs, PRs and CRs:
 >  - XML Schema
 >  - ...
 >  - ...
 > and instructed the committees in INSTAC/JSA to translate them into
 > Japanese Language and draft JIS/TRs (Technical Reports).
 >
 > JIS/TR is almost similar to ISO/TR, and it means that Japan (Japanese
 > government) authorizes and approves the technical specification.
 >
 > Responding to the METI requirements, I wish to start the works as soon
 > as possible, in cooperation with your staff, in particular, with a
 > splendid support of Mr. Martin J. Duerst. Thank you.

we had translated the XML schema and drafted JIS/TRs:
- TR X 0054, XML Schema Part 0
- TR X 0063, XML Schema Part 1
- TR X 0064, XML Schema Part 2.

Today most of translated JISs for information technology are published
in the form of "partial translated" rather than "full translated".
In the "partial translated" JIS, chaper 1, 2, and 3 include all the
descriptions identical to the original texts, and all other chapters include
only a pointer to corresponding original texts.

The JIS/TRs of XML Schema will be published in the form of "partial
translated" Even in the form they include

- URL to the original W3C document
- Copyright notice: Copyright c 2001 W3C r (MIT, INRIA, Keio), All Rights
Reserved. W3C liability, trademark, document use and software licensing
rules apply.
- STATUS of the W3C document

and the statements (requested by Mr. Martin Duerst):

- The normative version of the specification is the English version found
at the W3C site.
- Although this TR is intended to be technically identical to the original,
it may contain errors from the translation.

Regards,
Yushi Komachi
Panasonic/MGCS
2-3-8 Shimomeguro, Meguro-ku, Tokyo  153-8687 Japan
Phone +81 3 5434 7053,  Fax +81 3 5445 3663
Email  <komachi@y-adagio.com>