Re: XHTML 1.0 translation in swedish

Hello,

<tor.harnqvist@brfmasthugget.se> wrote:

> I'm new in this list!

Welcome!

> I'd like to translate XHTML 1.0 <http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/> in to swedish.
>
> So I'm wondering if there is anybody currently working with it?

So far, no one reported to work on Swedish translation of XHTML 1.0.

  cf. http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/translations#xhtml1

> Is it just to start or do I need permission to begin?

Please refer to the information on translations in our Copyright FAQ at:

  http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620#translate

The first thing to do is:

  5.6 Can I translate one of your specifications into another language?

   Yes, you may translate a W3C Technical Report provided that you comply
   with the all of the following requirements:

    1. Inform the W3C of your plan to translate our content and inform us
       of when you've completed and published the translation. Such
       notice should be sent in English to w3c-translators@w3.org [public
       archive] and -- if provided -- the comments email list associated
       with that document.
		<snip/>

You have already done so, so you may go ahead.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium