Re: Parameter entities vs. GI name gro

Paul Prescod wrote:

> Dan: If large complex documents are the peg and a language without a
> mechanism for managing repitition in the schema is the hole then jamming
> one into the other sounds more like chopping than "shaving."

Sorry, I was responding to the philosophical comment about
large documents and XML only. I didn't mean to imply
that I think parameter entities should be dropped.

I haven't really made up my mind. Count me in the camp that
considers them ugly but necessary, if you must.

See: http://www.w3.org/XML/9705/hacking

--
Dan Connolly
http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/