Re: Parameter entities vs. GI name gro

Dan Connolly wrote:

> It's not like large complex documents are a square peg and
> XML is a round hole, but the folks with those large documents
> should be prepared to shave off the corners a bit.

i've no gripe with the PEs being there.  that is for the
implementors to wrestle with.  my stance still is that for
the first round we encourage simple dtd designs.  i know
that for those who have complex dtds that is a stone
cold hassle, but why don't we give it a trial and see
how people react.  again, in or out, i am sanguine, but
a simpler first round seems prudent.  so i have to
agree with dan on this.

after a long time of watching dtds, with reasonable
certainty we can expect them to complexify.

len