Re: Anchor terminology

From: len bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 22:12:28 -0600
To: lee@sq.com
CC: dgd@cs.bu.edu, w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
lee@sq.com wrote:

> For a reference/referent/target/comefrom/landing zone,
> I still prefer "active region" or a "zone".
>
> A link end can be a target, but it can also be where the
> archer places his feet, both the golf tee and the hole, sometimes
> both at once.
>
> For an annotation, for example, it's not really a target,
> but just a region of interest.
>
> Lee

Whatever.  I'll check in from time to time to see
how the baby is named.  I really suggest we
stick with something they understand already.

I was cheerful with ilink and clink since we've
been tossing these around for quite a while now.
Ok, let's obsolete all the books so we can
all write new ones.  I'm sure
Steve and David are happy to do YetAnotherUpdate
to Making Hypermedia Work.  :-)

len