Re: Entity Ignorance

From: Terry Allen <tallen@fsc.fujitsu.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 10:32:31 -0800 (PST)
To: tbray@textuality.com, w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
>Sorry, Terry.  This was one of the single most debated points in the
whole XML process; the ERB reversed itself no less than twice, under
heavy (and justified) WG pressure.  Hit the archive and relive the joy
of debate.  I think this one is (a) not going to change and (b) the
correct decision. - Tim

Then I'll just point out that 4.3.8 allows the entity to be
ignored even when it has been served to the client, e.g.,
when it's bundled with the main document.  Few sane publishers
will find entities attractive in XML.

Regards, Terry