Re: Relationship Taxonomy Questions

From: Martin Bryan <mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 21:04:06 +0000
To: w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
What would happen if we made a rule that XML link types/anchor roles must be
expressed in terms of Java classes - using the same semantics as for
<APPLET> in HTML? (Would we need to enforce the use of the codebase
attribute in conjunction with linktype?) The links don't _have_ to be
activated using the script, but if you have a Java enabled browser here is
where you will find something to handle the link behaviour. Probably a crazy
idea, but it might give us an initial starting point for a generalizable
solution.
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.u-net.com/~sgml/