Re: Relationship Taxonomy Questions

From: Terry Allen <tallen@fsc.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 08:26:45 -0800 (PST)
To: eliot@isogen.com, papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca, tallen@fsc.fujitsu.com
Cc: w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
Eliot:
| All we're saying is that we don't want XML's link representation scheme to
| be *limited* to behavior-only links.  We also recognize two facts:

What you were saying is that you want to specify a set of relationship
labels.  I think the taxomony of relationships is orthogonal to the
mechanism for using them, and competition among different taxonomies
should be encouraged, hence XML itself should not specify a
taxonomy.

You have not given a single example of a label you want to specify.
Please do so.

Regards, Terry