Re: questions on XML sgml decl's charsets

At 12:05 PM 1/13/97, Paul Grosso wrote:
>Looking at the SGML decl in the appendix of the XML draft, I have
>a few questions.  (I'll admit up front that if there is anything
>that boggles my mind more than BOSs, it's character sets.)

>And how do all this square with the ERCS stuff WG8 recently approved?

At the risk of screwing up once again trying to work from memory...I
don't recall that the ERCS stuff involved the description of character
sets at all--it dealt with alternate ways to make large numbers of
characters name characters, name-start characters, or whatever.

Dave Peterson
SGMLWorks!

davep@acm.org