Status of XML-LINK strawman

From: Jon Bosak <bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 11:16:23 -0800
To: w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
cc: bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM
At this morning's ERB meeting, the XML-LINK editors reported that
heavy workloads have slowed down their completion of the draft that is
designed to begin our organized discussion of linking.  They have set
themselves a deadline of next Monday to deliver their first attempt to
the WG.  The editors declined to get into the details but assured us
that they have carefully been monitoring the recent WG debates and
that the draft they deliver on Monday is unlikely to contain any
surprises.

In the meantime, Eliot has agreed to start an interesting topic that
we feel will contribute substantially to our understanding of some
issues that go beyond the more detailed focus of the last few weeks.
Stay tuned.

Jon