Re: Multi-headed indirect links

From: W. Eliot Kimber <eliot@isogen.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 09:42:02 -0900
To: w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
At 09:03 AM 1/21/97 -0600, Len Bullard wrote:
>W. Eliot Kimber wrote:

>> This is simply not in any way true.  The ERB is well under way in adapting
>> my stickman proposal into a formal first draft of the XML Link discussion.
>
>You could have fooled me.  All we see on the list is the squabble,
>not the work underway, which I suppose we all sanction once
>presented.  Not a good way to run a list, Eliot.  Not at all.

This work only started as of last Wednesday's meeting, following the
holiday hiatus when the ERB could not meet.  I don't know what the editors'
schedule is, but I would expect to see a draft pretty soon.

My proposal has been out and available for a couple of weeks now, yet
there's been very little direct comment it on it here in this list, which
surprises me.  I expected to see either a counter proposal or some comment
on the proposal itself.  Given that this was a proposal by a member of the
ERB and that, in the absence of any other proposal it would almost
certainly be taken as the base for any ERB-defined design, I don't see how
the process could be any more open at this point.

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber (eliot@isogen.com)
Senior SGML Consulting Engineer, Highland Consulting