Re: Permitting non-indirect links

From: <lee@sq.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 97 13:38:31 EST
To: w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
> No-one is suggesting that users need to split up URLs that are copied.

In the posting to which I responded, there was an example putting
different parts of a URL into different attributes... e.g. (I forget
the details) <link scheme="http" server="www.sq.com" port="80" ....>

> What
> is being suggested is that the system using the copied URLs should be able
> to split them if it sees advantages in being able to manage links better in
> a split from.

I think that is very clearly an implementation issue and does not need
to be part of the XML specification.  Systems cn do whatever they
like with XML files! :-)

Lee