Re: back to XML: The "You Babe" problem

From: Terry Allen <tallen@fsc.fujitsu.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 16:58:22 -0800 (PST)
To: cbullard@hiwaay.net, pbg@arbortext.com
Cc: w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
I'm amazed.  The Unicode Standard 2.0 says on page 1-5 that
the Unicode value of a character "is expressed as U+nnnn,
where nnnn is a four digit number in hex, using the digits
0-9 and the letters A-F."  Considering that we don't want
non-SGML apps to have to do case folding, if we are
to prefer one form, how can it not be all-caps?

Regards,
    Terry Allen    Fujitsu Software Corp.    tallen@fsc.fujitsu.com
"In going on with these experiments, how many pretty systems do we build,
 which we soon find outselves obliged to destroy?" - Benjamin Franklin
  A Davenport Group Sponsor:  http://www.ora.com/davenport/index.html