Changed comment syntax

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 10:22:07 -0800
To: w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
At a meeting of the ERB, with all present except Magliery and Hollander,
it was resolved unanimously to change XML comment syntax so that
comments begin '<--*' and end '*-->'.  We will still require, pending
clarification of this by WG8, that for compatibility, neither '--' nor
'--*' can appear in the body of comment; we are hopeful that the '--'
restriction can be lifted soon.  This will require changes to section 2.5,
and to productions 19 and 21. - Tim