Re:Link Indirection

At 09:52 AM 1/6/97 +0000, Martin Bryan wrote:

>Incidentally I finally woke up to why the idea of having urllocs in separate
>files gives me headaches:
>
>1) We have yet to say how I identify which set(s) of urls I want associated
>with a particular file (hopefully I can list more than one such file)

I assume you mean "which set of URLs I want associated with a particular
document".  You could declare the documents containing the URLs as entities
in your Hub document or just use another URL to refer to the URLloc
document--your choice.

>2) If I want any of the files listed in the urlloc to be in the
>applications' BOS or catalog I still have to convert them to entity
>references as unless we have a special type of BOS/catalog for XML such
>references won't be exportable into these environments.

You have to be careful when you use the term "BOS"--only the HyTime BOS is
solely determined by the entity declarations in the hub document.  The
"application BOS" can be determined by any mechanism, including reading tea
leaves or looking at URLs.

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber (eliot@isogen.com)
Senior SGML Consulting Engineer, Highland Consulting