Re: [dgd@cs.bu.edu: BOS confusion (analysis; suggestion to resolve Newcomb/Bryan conflict)]

From: Terry Allen <tallen@fsc.fujitsu.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 11:45:57 -0800 (PST)
To: gtn@ebt.com, w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
Gavin writes:

>I have no problem with the # hack being used by servers that
can process it. I do not think it should be standardised.

Too late.  It is standardized by the URL specification as a
symbol terminating the URL and preceding a format-specific
fragment address.  You will *have* to specify what that
addressing means for XML documents; you have no say over
what it means for other formats.

Regards,
    Terry Allen    Fujitsu Software Corp.    tallen@fsc.fujitsu.com
"In going on with these experiments, how many pretty systems do we build,
 which we soon find outselves obliged to destroy?" - Benjamin Franklin
  A Davenport Group Sponsor:  http://www.ora.com/davenport/index.html