RE: Change in definition of RDF literals

How would you not need a distinct "flag" in the graph?

If both of the following serialization forms result in the
same triple, you've lost the information necessary to
output the triple in RDF/XML using the same serialization
form. I.e. if both

   <foo>&lt;span xml:lang='en'&gt;blargh&lt;/span&gt;</foo>

and

   <foo rdf:parseType="Literal">
   </foo>

result in

then it's not possible to do round tripping in a manner that
preserves the original form of expression.

> But, as you say, let's leave the field for others to comment.

Yes, though it's not pleasant for me to leave on vacation without
some idea of how this might work out (I think back to last year and
get the cold sweats ;-)

With respect and apologies to Martin, I propose to the WG that there
has not been sufficient arguments in the feedback on this issue
to suggest that the proposed solution -- removing lang tags from
all typed literals, including rdfs:XMLLiteral -- should be
changed and propose that we stick with that decision.

We have no loss of functionality, greatly simplify the datatyping
solution, and do so in a way that does not present any unknown
risks beyond what has already been considered by the WG.

Cheers,

Patrick