RE: Change in definition of RDF literals

At 11:25 22/05/03 +0300, Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:
>(a) there can be entailments
>that hold for XML literals due to canonicalization that do not
>hold for plain literals and

Since our recent decision to handle canonicalization in the parser [1][2],
I don't think it's correct to say that C14N has any impact on entailment
relationships between RDF graphs.

Though I must concede that C14N can affect entailment between RDF/XML
documents.
I'm not currently understanding why that's important.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0097.html
(item 13)
[[
jjc: we discussed this previously
essense of change... to present in the specs model in whuch
syntax spec does all the work + then add impl notes that
say one can be a valid implementation by not doing
the canonicalisation
]]

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003AprJun/0021.html

Graham Klyne