Re: RDF Core LC issue timbl-01 discussion

Dave Beckett wrote:

> The first question from
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0226.html
> is basically, does anyone use bagID?
>
> I know the CARMEN project / MathNet uses bagID with RDF/XML and
> Dublin Core.  See the PDF report from Feb 2002
>   http://www.mathematik.uni-osnabrueck.de/projects/carmen/AP6/zwischenbericht_ap6.pdf

I think this document enhances Tim's case.

The only occurrence of bagID in the doc is to create a bag that has a
matching aboutEach - which we axed.

Moreover, judging from the surrounding RDF/XML the document author appears
to want every triple generated within the XML element to be reified into
the bag, rather than only the toplevel triples (as we clarified).

i.e. this document shows a use of a construct that is not bagID which is
useful with a construct which is not RDF.

bagID was an ugly sibling to aboutEach and should have been chopped at the
same time.

Jeremy axeman Carroll