Re: [closed] pfps-05

>From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
>Subject: Re: [closed] pfps-05
>Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 17:20:17 -0500
>
>[...]
>
>>  What would it take to convince you? How many entailments do you want
>>  to be convinced of? Your requirements for being satisfied seem
>>  open-ended and expandable. Unless I have some indication what you
>>  will accept as a sufficient condition to satisfy this comment, I do
>>  not propose to set out to offer any further response.
>>
>>  Pat
>
>Well, then don't expect any sign-off from me.
>
>What do you want, a blank cheque?  The current document is incomplete and
>internally inconsistent.

I do not want a blank cheque, as you put it, but we are obliged by
W3C protocols to deal with comments in isolation to some extent, so
if you are unable to sign off on any comment until you are satisfied
on everything, then we probably never will reach sign-off by you.
Brian is anxious for us to get the issues dealt with, and we seem to
have to do this by a piecemeal process. I was not asking you to
approve the entire document, only the part of it which addressed your
comment.

Le me suggest that we compromise. The only parts of the document
which affect OWL are the normative parts.  None of the rules tables
or appendices are normative. (I note that if the OWL documents were
held to the same standard that you are holding me to, then AS&S ought
to include complete and correct systems of inference rules for all
three versions of OWL together with completeness proofs. ) So let me
suggest that we agree that you will accept a piecemeal approach to
settling issues which arise from parts of the document which are
informative, and I will agree to a somewhat higher standards of
finish before asking you to approve any repairs done to the normative
parts of the document. Would that be acceptable?

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell
s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam