Re: [Fwd: Jena semantic tests]

At 14:16 28/07/03 +0100, Brian McBride wrote:
>I think we've had that in a comment from them.  They pointed out, as I
>understand it, that whitespace processing occurs before the lexical form
>is determined, thus "3" is a member of the lexical space of decimal, but
>" 3 " is not.
>
>   <foo xsi:type="xsd:decimal"> 3 </foo>
>
>is legal because the spaces are discarded as part of determining the
>lexical form.

This is also mentioned in the syntax document...
[[
Note (Informative): In XML Schema (part 1)[XML-SCHEMA1], white space
normalization occurs during validation according to the value of the
whiteSpace facet. The syntax mapping used in this document occurs after
this, so the whiteSpace facet has no further effect.
]]
-- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20030117/
-- section 6.1.9

#g