Re: [Fwd: Jena semantic tests]

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 18:16, Jos De_Roo wrote:
> [...]
> > > ** Failures - will not fix:
> > > PositiveEntailmentTest rdfms-seq-representation/Manifest.rdf#test004 -
> FAIL
> > > PositiveEntailmentTest rdfms-seq-representation/Manifest.rdf#test002 -
> FAIL
> > >   These two tests assert that the empty document entails various
> properties
> > >   of _1. By my reading of the specs this is not correct, only mentioned
>
> > >   container membership properties should result in such entailments and
> > >   there are no such mentions in the empty document.
> >
> > That's my understanding too. I haven't double-checked the text.
> > I recommend changing the test.
>
> I was looking in the table of the "RDFS axiomatic triples" at
> http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/RDF_Semant_Edit_Weak.html#rdfs_interp
> and found that
> rdf:_1 rdf:type rdfs:ContainerMembershipProperty .
> is an RDFS axiomatic triple (following from the empty KB)
> so test002 - OK

No.

>From the semantics doc:

[[
The subset of rdfV consisting of the first 3 items in the above list,
{rdf:type   rdf:Property rdf:XMLLiteral} is called the core RDF
vocabulary, crdfV.
]]

[[
An rdfs-interpretation of V is an rdf-interpretation I of V union crdfV
union rdfsV which satisfies the following semantic conditions and all
the triples in the subsequent table, called the RDFS axiomatic triples,
which contain only names from V union crdfV union rdfsV.
]]

rdf:_1 is not a member of V, crdfV or rdfsV, so the entailment does not
hold - which is cool, cos it keeps things finite.

Brian