Re: XML observation

At 11:18 03/07/04 +0100, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

>I would also point out that many members of RDF Core can point to similar
>commitments to I18N issues; RDF Core has consistently come to I18N for
>advice; we have studied and taken heed of charmod; there has been much
>support and little resistance to support for I18N issues.

Acknowledged. It worked well for a long time.

>RDF developers have already deployed NFC checking code, whereas XML
>developers are resisting the NFC constraints in XML 1.1

Very nice to hear. Can you give us pointers?

By the way, you may be interested in looking at
http://www.w3.org/2003/06/xml1.1test/Overview.html.

I might also take this opportunity to point out that working
on the basics of the character model (since RFC 2070) and on
normalization go very much in line with the idea to reduce
the number of different constructs representing one and the
same textual artefact.

Regards,    Martin.