RE: XML observation

Perhaps it would satisfy Martin if the Primer were to include
a very brief section capturing the difference between view X
and view G and the nature of rdf:parseType="Literal" as a
quoting or escaping mechanism.

It probably also should mention that the persistence of the
irregular treatment for plain literals is legacy based,
perhaps with an example of language scoping based on
reification.

I do agree with Martin that the treatment of xml:lang in
RDF/XML is imperfect. Though I see the real error being that
xml:lang infects plain literals, not that it does not infect
XML literals.

Patrick

p/0165.html

[2]