Re: Outside our charter, was: Schema LCC review

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Frank Manola wrote:

>   I seem to recall Tim Bray, among others, not being
> overly disturbed about this situation.  Again calling on my memory, I
> believe he thinks additional descriptive information *about* the URIref
> as being a way to handle this, and I think he has a point.

About the uriref (or about the resource node labelled with it), I was
thinking along much the same line.

>   What you might consider doing as a thought-experiment is thinking
> about what text you would like to see in RDF documents that fully
> resolves this issue to your satisfaction, and then thinking about
> whether the rest of the W3C would think it an appropriate action of the
> RDF Core WG to appear to commit the W3C to those things in its
> specifications.  Alternatively, if you can come up with text that at
> least identifies the issue more clearly than what we currently say, we
> could certainly consider inserting it in appropriate documents during
> Last Call.

Cheers, Frank, I'm certainly thinking about that.

> One man's opinion.

And an astonishingly reasonable one at that.

( echo "ouroboros"; cat ) > /dev/fd/0 # it's like talking to yourself sometimes