RE: pfps-06 hold off?

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ext Jos De_Roo [mailto:jos.deroo@agfa.com]
> Sent: 27 August, 2003 17:13
> To: Stickler Patrick (NMP/Tampere)
> Cc: Stickler Patrick (NMP/Tampere); w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
> Subject: RE: pfps-06 hold off?
>

> [had to cut my grass first...]
>
> Well,
>
>  :Jenny :age "10"^^xsd:integer.
>
> does NOT entail
>
>  :Jenny :age "10abc"^^xsd:integer.

That's at least a little encouraging.

> of course not.

Yes, of course not insofar as *we* understand, but that
doesn't mean that some scanner in some API is happy
to take a string and coerce it to an integer, disregarding
characters not relevant to the lexical space.

I'm encouraged that neither Xerces or .NET do this, but
I wouldn't have been very surprised if they had.

Thanks for taking the time to test it, though.

Patrick