Re: RDF in SVG section for RDF/XML syntax draft

On Friday, August 1, 2003, 1:12:04 PM, Dave wrote:

DB> This was asked for ages ago and I drafted it but didn't send it out publically.
DB> It's in reply to a comment of Chris Lilley who asked why we didn't point
DB> to SVG's use of RDF metadata.:

>>... I request (as an individual commentor) that you do
>>explicitly discuss embedding of RDF within SVG in your document. A new
>>section 10 "Using RDF/XML with SVG" would seem appropriate. I would be
>>happy to help draft such a section.

Thanks for the positive reply. I see that
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0020.html
suggested asking me to prepare such a section, but unfortunately did
not copy me, so i was unaware of this discussion until today.

May I assume from todays message that the intention is to add this
section 10?

DB> -- Chris Lilley, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2003Mar/0075.html

DB> which Brian forwarded in April
DB>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0020.html

DB> There is always scope to expand the text below futher however my only
DB> real issue is which SVG version(s) to mention.  Should I mention SVG 1.0
DB> and 1.1 since both are recommendations?

Sure, point to 1.1 as well, it says the same as 1.0 does. 1.0 was
where the facility was introduced. 1.1 merely modularises 1.0.

The draft text looks good and its inclusion would satisfy my requirements.