Re: IsDefinedBy [was: "meaningless terms" verbage for Primer]

Brian McBride wrote:

snip

> With regards to isDefinedBy, I think it would be fine for the primer to
> say nothing about it.  If the WG felt that the primer would be enhanced
> by a short description, I might suggest something along the lines of the
> following would describe the WG's decision:
>
> [[
> It is often useful to indicate in an RDF graph where the definition of a
> class or a property, or indeed any resource, may be found.  The
> rdfs:isDefinedBy property may be used for this purpose.  This property
> may be used to indicate an RDF Schema that describes the resource,
> however, RDF imposes no constraints on the values this property.  If the
> resource that is the value of such a property is retrieved from the web,
> it may be an RDF Schema, but there is no guarantee that it will be.
> ]]
>
> This text lacks the lightness of touch and ease on the readers eye that
> I would hope for in the primer, so does require some help from the
> editor, but I hope indicates the sort of thing we might usefully say in
> this document.

Writing with the lightness of touch and ease on the readers eye for
which he is so well known, the editor asks:  when might the WG be
expected to express its considered opinion on this subject?

--Frank "non-normative semantics" Manola