RE: rdfs:range and datatypes

The X and U proposals also support the use of rdfs:range
and I presume that the DC proposal does as well,
from the viewpoint of rdfs:range being treated as
a "constraint".

The ability of a given system to define rdfs:range constraints
which can be used to "filter out" knowledge that is expressed
in a fashion that is either unsupported or uninterpretable
by that system is very important, and I've tried to point
that out in the recent discussions, though I'm not sure
that it has been fully appreciated by a majority of the WG.

And I agree that given common usage of rdfs:range to
"name" the mapping from lexical form to data type value,
that proposals that preclude continued use in that
fashion are less attractive -- and possibly even ruled
out by the charter, depending on one's interpretation...

Cheers,