Re: datatypes and MT (#rdfms-graph)

Graham Klyne wrote:

[...]
> Dan,
>
> would it break your mental model if the above N-triples-like syntax was
> modified to be:
>
>          terms:
>                  constant (URIs w/fragids)
>                  string literals
>                  bnodes (existentially quantified variables)
>          statement:
>                  term constant term.
>          formula:
>                  statement*
>
> ?

Umm... mental model... dunno. It involves 2 changes:
* no literals in the property slot. no great loss there...

* no bnodes in the property slot. Real loss of functionality.
I don't have a strong argument that it was ever there, but
I use it quite a bit, and I expect there are things we
want to model with RDF that won't work without it.
(in particular: languages with n-ary functions/relations).