Re: datatypes and MT (things versus their names: PRIMER)

At 05:06 AM 11/6/2001 -0500, Dan Brickley wrote:

>This should certainly be a priority in the primer; the 'resources vs their
>names' murkiness needs to be purged from all corners of the RDF spec, as
>well as from specs that try to use RDF.
>
>So: is their someone on the Primer sub-group who owns this problem? what's
>the status of this part of the primer? If we don't yet have text drafted
>on this, could someone (DanC?) make a stab at writing down a 'best
>practice' paragraph or two?

There is no-one per se that owns this problem, as the problem was not
originally discussed at the Primer subgroup meeting.  I agree it is a
problem and would be interested in some supporting prose that addresses
this issue. That being said, I'm starting to worry about the scope (and
consequent timely delivery) of the primer.  I'm seeing a pattern of smaller
and smaller existing specifications and a growing interest in a richer,
more detailed, greater expansive primer.  I'm very reluctant to add any
additional content at the moment, until (as I indicated in the last
teleconference), we find someone interested in helping on the editing /
integrating of this work.

--eric