Re: closing semantic issues

At 12:13 PM 11/5/01 -0600, Pat Hayes wrote:
>>In particular, the current model theory does not address reification at
>>all, so there is no sense that it can be used to close an issue whose
>>summary asks:
>>         What is the relationships between a statement and its reification.
>
>True, and I wish it did address reification. For reasons that are still
>opaque to me, the treatment of reification that I originally offered was
>rejected by the WG, but until someone can tell me *what* was wrong with
>it, I am somewhat at a loss as to how to proceed.

My recollection was that it wasn't a problem with the treatment per se, but
that the group did not want (at that time) to get bogged down in a topic
that was showing every sign of being a deep rathole for us.  I think there
was a feeling that reification could be revisited as an "add-on" rather
than part of the RDF core.

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>