Re: Resolution for rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about

On Thursday, June 28, 2001, at 12:58  PM, Brian McBride wrote:

> I just realised that rdf:ID can be used in situations where it is
> not equivalent to an rdf:about.  Here is a suggested
> alternative wording
> of your resolution - feel free to improve suggest an another of your
> own:
>
>   Where an rdf:ID attribute or an rdf:about attribute may be used to
>   identify a resource,  rdf:ID="xxx" is equivalent to rdf:about="#xxx".
>   If the value of the rdf:ID attribute contains characters that are
>   not legal in a URI, the usual escaping mechanism referred to in the
>   Model and Syntax Recommendation is used to represent them in the
>   equivalent rdf:about attribute.

Ahh, good point. Brian and Jan, is the wording:

	Usage of an rdf:ID attribute to identify the subject of a
description, is equivalent to
	usage of an rdf:about attribute with the same content,
except prefixed by a '#' character
	and URI encoded.

acceptable to both of you?