Re: try 2 - test cases for #rdf-containers-syntax-ambiguity, #rdf-containers-syntax-vs-schema

On Thursday, June 14, 2001, at 06:36  AM, Brian McBride wrote:

> _;bag <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type>
>       <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#Bag> .

Typo: _:bag instead of _;bag

> xmlns:foo+"http://foo/">

Typo: the + should be an =

>   </foo:Bar>
> </foo:Bar>

Typo: Instead of closing <rdf:RDF> you close <foo:Bar> twice

>     <rdf:li rdf:parseType="Resource">
>       <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://foo/Bar"/>
>     <rdf:li>

Typo: The last <rdf:li> should be a </rdf:li>

> <foo:Bar>
> </foo:bar>

Typo: This should be </foo:Bar> (note capitalization)

Can you please run these tests through SiRPAC/CWM before
submitting them next time. That should catch these silly typos.

>         Whether this represents a legal collection of triples
>         depends on the definition of foo:Bar.  If foo:Bar is
>         subclass of container then it is illegal.

Can you elaborate on why this is? I believe it is because of the
functional container properties thing, which we as a working
group have not yet made a decision on to my knowledge (do they
only apply to containers or any resource?).

>         rdf:li elements as typed nodes - a bizarre case
>         but handled regularly

I'm not sure that this is specified in the M&S (perhaps this
should be an issue) but it's certainly not a good idea to make
something both a class and a property. Let's not have a test
case that does this, please. Especially since rdf:li is a
special syntactic element -- I do not think we should allow it
to be used in this way.

>     <rdf:value="barfoo"/>

Typo: This is invalid XML.

>       <rdf:Description>
>         <rdf:li>1</rdf:li>
>         <rdf:li>2</rdf:li>
>       <rdf:Description>

Typo: The last <rdf:Description> should be a closing tag.

Otherwise, the test cases look pretty good.