Re: call for agenda items for telecon

>On Thu, 7 Jun 2001 jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com wrote:
>

> > Brian wrote:
> > > If you'd like time scheduled at this week's telecon, please let
>me know by
> > > 12 noon, UK time Thursday.
> >
> > 1. seeing the bag and reification (I always have to retype that word)
> > stuff coming closer and closer, I would be glad (but don't insist)
> > to 'hear' some feedback on the proposal(s) --
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-logic/2001Jun/0125.html
>
>I'd like to know if S
>
>	S = ( jan -[said]-> S )
>
>is a statement?

I hope not. (What was it that jan said, again, exactly? "I say this!"
might be about right, I guess.)

>LISP needs setcdr! to do this sort of thing* as I
>recall; it doesn't support a side-effect-free way of doing stuff like
>this.

Right. LISP recursions never construct pointer loops unless they are
forced to. But you do the same: giving S a name and use assignment
(your '=' is stipulative, right?)  pretty much is using setq.

>jan (long time since I've had much to do with LISP)
>
>* IIRC, which I rarely do.
>
>--
>jan grant, ILRT, University of Bristol. http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/
>Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
>and Nostradamus never dreamed of the Church of the Accellerated Worm

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes