Re: model theory

pat hayes wrote:

> Attached is the final version of the MT document. Ive included
> material on reification and containers in case anyone wants to see
> them, but these probably should be excised from the public document.

Quite.

Containers aren't novel, in the model theory (as I said,
let's strike all the stuff about Alt being disjunctive)
and I don't want to try to put reification issues
between us and release.

> Ive also taken out all the 'meta-theory' (all those damn lemmas)
> which I think is better at this stage.

I miss those; it was the proof theoretic lemmas/corrollaries
that really allowed me to get my head around the model theory.

I guess they're not critical, but they really cleared up
a lot of things for me, and they seem much more closely
connected to some of the real-world implementation
issues than the pure model theory; e.g. the question
of "what happens when you split a document in two
and then try to put it back together again?" had a very
clear analog in the previous MT draft.

>  We can put them into a
> different document later, if people are interested, and when I really
> have got the proofs finally DONE, but they really are about RDF/S
> rather than the model theory itself.

Well, after all, job 1 is clarifying RDF/S; the model theory
is a means, not the end.

> Sorry this has taken so long.

Not at all... keep the good stuff coming...

I can accept putting the proof theory/lemmas back in after
1st publication, but it's not my preference.