Re: F2F Meeting Minutes

At 12:35 PM 8/16/2001 +0100, Brian McBride wrote:

>pat hayes wrote:
>
> > Maybe I missed this, but can somebody say what a Prince node is, or
> > point to the approximate date in the archive where its mentioned?
>
>The name is based on a joke of Eric Miller's, who referred at breakfast
>to "the nodes formerly known as anonymous resources" which I shortened
>to prince nodes.
>
>Brian

Before breakfast at the F2F, various people were discussing the term
"anonymous nodes" and considered this misleading and slightly confusing...
The conversation then went to something like "the nodes formally known as
anonymous nodes" to "the nodes formally known as prince" which then Brian
turned to "prince nodes".

I think "prince nodes" are to rdfcore as "pumpkins" are to the original RDF
M&S.  Perhaps a simple place holder until we figure out a better name for this.

I think this also should be a lesson to all of us, not to have meeting
before coffee is served. :)

semantic web activity lead               mailto:em@w3.org
w3c world wide web consortium            tel:1.614.763.1100
200 technology square, ne43-350          fax:1.208.330.5213
cambridge, ma 02139 usa