Re: small samples

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 23:01:18 -0400
To: Ron Whitney <RFW@math.ams.org>
Cc: w3c-math-erb@w3.org
There is no "Raggett:" representation as such since the whole
point of the approach I am recommending is that the surface
syntax is malleable and that the linked rule base defines
how to map this to the display schema and clipboard formats.

As a result the examples below are purely subjective:

1)	x sub 1   or  x_1

2)	s sub i sub j   or   x sub {i sub j}

3)	x squared  or  x sup 2

4)	x sub 1 sup 2

My personal bias is towards syntax which matches the way
most people would say the expression aloud.

Dave Raggett