Re: html markup of previous sample

From: Patrick D. F. Ion <ion@MATH.AMS.ORG>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 1996 09:30:33 -0400
To: Ka-Ping Yee <s-ping@orange.cv.tottori-u.ac.jp>
Cc: W3C Math ERB <w3c-math-erb@w3.org>

Just for informations' sake I remark that the significance of the
presuperscript t in {}^t(\nu_1,\nu_2) is to make the transpose "column"
vector out of the row
(\nu_1,\nu_2).  The superscript t also commonly occurs after a vector or
matrix and is often, these days, carefully typeset in sans-serif.  Here
it's a good example of the prescript notation that TeX doesn't cope with as
well as one would like.

                Patrick

>7.
<<<