Re: ISO TR 9573, part 13 (fwd)

From: Nico Poppelier <nico@olorin.elsevier.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 09:00:38 +0200 (MET DST)
To: w3c-math-erb@w3.org
nico writes:
From nico Wed Jun 12 08:57:07 1996
Subject: Re: ISO TR 9573, part 13
To: bruce@wolfram.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:57:07 +0200 (MET DST)

bruce@wolfram.com writes:
> That would be helpful -- especially if you have a list which
> correlates them with the old names from 8879, which are probably
> what we used in Mathematica as "SGML names".
we're working on that, but it's a terrible job, since the
key for the comparison is the shape of the symbol.

> Is there a problem with using more than one name per character?
yes and no. in principle no. yes, if names from different lists
are identical or similar and the corresponding symbols aren't.

nico

Dr. Nico A.F.M. Poppelier
Elsevier Science, APD, ITD               Email: n.poppelier@elsevier.nl.
Molenwerf 1, 1014 AG Amsterdam           Phone: +31-20-4853482.
The Netherlands                          Fax:   +31-20-4853706.
                  The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
                                             And maybe some compromises.