FYI - semantic notation for math

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 17:39:58 -0400
To: w3c-math-erb@w3.org

This is an interesting attempt to define a linear syntax for the
semantic representation for math. It uses a simple functional
notation based on quoted function names together with infix
operators, e.g.

   'deriv(f(x),x) = 'lim('quot(f(x+h)-f(x),h),h 'approach 0)
or
   'integ(f(x),x,0,'inf)

Quoted names are treated as functions when the quoted name is
immediately followed by a bracketed argument list. Quoted names
are also used for non-ascii symbols such as 'inf for infinity.