OpenMath

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 13:11:20 -0400
To: w3c-math-erb@w3.org

 Re:  http://www.can.nl/~abbott/OpenMath/reports/prototype0-spec.ps.gz

I finally got time to look at their proposed specification. It looks very
close to the approach I was in with my experiments with prolog. Their
notation corresponds to what I was calling the internal or semantic form
that is derived from the surface syntax by applying the operator predence
parser and mapping rules.

I don't understand why they chose to write names of symbols or functions
in two different styles, e.g. "trunc" vs &lceil; To my mind this will
confuse users into making errors. I would prefer to let people use
plain words like trunc, lceil, sin and integral.

-- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> tel: +1 (617) 258 5741 fax: +1 (617) 258 5999
   World Wide Web Consortium, 545 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139
   url = http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett