Re: small questions regarding integrals

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 13:43:40 -0400
To: raman@mv.us.adobe.com (T. V. Raman)
Cc: Ron Whitney <RFW@math.ams.org>, w3c-math-erb@w3.org

> please note that to mathematicians and math books, the expression
> $\int f$ is both meaningful and common.
> So though having the "integral from ... to ... of ..." is nice, we
> need to be flexible in allowing the various variants of this usage.

The notation will fix the low level tokenization, but beyond that the
surface syntax for expressions is defined by the "knowledgebase" used
to map the expressions into the internal form. I will post the a proposal
for the lexical syntax in another message.

-- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> tel: +1 (617) 258 5741 fax: +1 (617) 258 5999
   World Wide Web Consortium, 545 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139
   url = http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett