Re: Canonical XML error

On 2011-09-07, at 16:24 +0200, Steve DeRose wrote:

> To include that literal text content, an encoder must "escape" at least one of the 3 characters. Such escaping is obviously possible (if it were not, we would have dealt with it in the XML spec). For example:

So, this is a bit hidden, but processing of the string "]]>" when it occurs as part of a text node actually is specified and has a well-defined processing model:  Canonical XML encodes all ">" signs in text nodes as "&gt;".

See the note about text nodes here:
	http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-c14n11/#ProcessingModel